Members of the Wellness Village will enhance their knowledge and self-awareness of personal wellness, the foundation to achieve success at NC State and beyond. The community is developed and nurtured through interactive programming, personal engagement, and interaction with students, faculty, and staff members. Engaging fun team building programs such as whitewater rafting, volunteering, and meditation, coupled with exclusive village events and the support of a village mentor will help you discover your balance.
- Live in a community that supports a healthy, balanced life.
- Develop friendships in a positive environment.
- Participate in high impact programming created exclusively for members.
- Give back to the community.
- Build leadership skills to help you grow and advance.
- Exploring personal growth for success.
- Live in Wood Hall on East Campus.
As a member of the village, you are required to enroll in HESM 275: Behavior Change in Wellness. The class is an experiential learning opportunity to creatively and critically assess and enhance the six elements of wellness through assignments both in and out of the classroom.
- Successfully complete HESM 275: Behavior Change in Wellness, a two-credit course held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 4:15 p.m. during Fall semester.
- Attend the wellness retreat prior to the beginning of classes.
- Participate in Wood Wellness Village sponsored programs and campus events promoting and exploring the six elements of wellness each semester.
- Meet bi-weekly with your Village Mentor.
- Meet monthly with village members, faculty, and staff members
- Uphold the Community Standards, Student Code of Conduct, University Housing Rules and maintain good academic standing.
- Wellness Village residents cannot have a non-village roommate. Both roommates must be a part of the village.