The Resident Mentor application is only available to upcoming juniors and seniors who will be available for the entire 2019-2020 academic year.
- Attend Fall staff training.
- Meet one on one with each student in your assigned section of Gray Hall on a regular basis.
- Utilize provided meal plan to schedule structured group and individual meals with assigned mentees to foster community and a sense of mattering.
- Be available in your residential community as directed by the Community Director (CD).
- Plan and implement S.T.A.T.E. programs and academic workshops, including the annual S.T.A.T.E. banquet in the spring.
- Attend one-on-one meetings and staff meetings at the discretion of the CD.
- Abide by all University and Housing standards, procedures and regulations and serve as a positive role model to S.T.A.T.E. students.
- Be appropriately available to S.T.A.T.E. students and staff while encouraging participation in the hall, campus, and Wolf Village events.
- February 26: Applications Close
- February 29-March 3: Review Applications
- March 21-22: Interview Days
- March 28: Extend Resident Mentor Offers
- March 3: Deadline To Accept Offers
2018-2019 Village Mentors
Major: Communication and English
Fun Fact: I can make a laser gun from scratch.
Quote: “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Major: Business Administration- IT Concentration
Fun Fact: I lived in England for five years
Quote: “Sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place”
Major: Business Administration with a minor in Accounting
Fun Fact: I like my jokes like I like my macaroni, all kinds of cheesy.
Quote: “You can never be overdressed or overeducated” – Kate Spade
Major: Materials Science and Engineering
Fun Fact: I studied abroad in Australia
Quote: “Those who stand for nothing fall for everything.” – Alexander Hamilton
Major: Environmental technology and management, with minors in env. Toxicology and statistics
Fun Fact: I once slept while standing in the shower while it was running!
Quote: “If you believe in yourself and with a tiny pinch of magic, all your dreams can come true.”
Major: Accounting BS, Business Analytics Honors Program
Fun Fact: I have been to over eight countries, and I’m wearing the same jacket in all of my picture from five of them.
Quote: “Wrong fortune cookie” – fortune cookie
Major: Computer Science
Fun Fact: I enjoy drawing, painting, and making music in my free time.
Quote: “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world” – Lucille Ball