How to Apply
Whether you are new to on-campus housing or want to transfer into the Global Village from another residence hall, you need to complete a village application in MyPack Portal. This application is in addition to the University Housing application, which you must complete first.
- Village applications for the fall semester open in December.
- Village applications for the spring semester open in October.
- Once accepted into the Global Village, participants who are returning NC State students may choose spaces in the village through the Housing Selection process.
- Global Village assignments staff members reserve the right to change your room assignment.
- We strive to pair all U.S. students with international roommates.
- Global Village residents cannot have a non-village roommate. Both roommates must be a part of the Global Village.
Global Village Requirements
- Be an active participant in the Global Village community
- Attend a minimum of one village and one campus event per month
- Contribute to weekly online discussions and submit monthly event reports via Moodle
- Actively serve on one of our committees
- Attend the Global Village orientation each semester
- Complete five hours of volunteer service each semester
- Remain in good academic standing with the university (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Abide by the Student Code of Conduct and University Housing Community Standards.
- Priority is given to CHASS majors
*These requirements are subject to change. Participants will be notified if a change occurs.