Joining a Living and Learning Village at NC State is very easy and the cost is included in your University Housing charge.
Submit a University Housing Application
- Once you have been offered acceptance into NC State, submit a University Housing application through MyPack Portal.
- Apply as soon as possible to ensure the most compatible location and roommate.
- The University Housing application is separate from Admissions, so don’t procrastinate!
- You may complete a University Housing application BEFORE committing to NC State, there is no fee to apply for housing.
Submit a Village Application
After you identify the village(s) that you’re interested in, complete an application for that/those villages in MyPack Portal. The application is open January 30 until April 15 but we recommend submitting your housing and village applications early, as housing is assigned on a first come, first served basis and fills up quickly. Residents may apply for more than one village but can only be admitted to one.
Make Changes to Your Housing/Village Application
If you need to update your housing and/or village application, you may do so in MyPack Portal until you are assigned. Once assigned, changes or cancellations can only be made by University Housing staff.
View Your Housing Assignment
- All assignments are made in the order applications are received.
- Fall 2019 housing assignments will be available in mid-May on MyPack Portal.
- Roommate requests and building preferences are matched whenever possible.
- Returning residents can renew their housing assignment for the following year during room selection (usually in February).
How to Apply
University Housing has transitioned to a new Housing Information System. The link is in MyPack Portal. Please follow the new instructions found on the portal.